The Jew and The Carrot Intern
We are seeking an intern to assist the volunteer editors of The Jew and The Carrot, Hazon’s blog about Jews, food and contemporary life. The blog has a diverse and inclusive community, where we welcome readers and volunteer writers from across the Jewish denominational spectrum, and from all walks of culinary life. Our aim is to ensure that The Jew and The Carrot community is a platform for vibrant discussion for anyone interested in food issues.
Responsibilities will include:
• Checking the blog regularly and making technical edits to writer’s posts
• Writing original posts (with an emphasis on current events)
• Posting guest posts and cross-posts
• Cull the e-mail list of Jew and the Carrot readers from the comments
• Manage the Jew and the Carrot presence on Facebook and Twitter
• Research/assist with the blog re-design as needed
The ideal candidate would not only be interested in Judaism, food issues and current events, but is also interested in writing, journalism and/or public policy research. The Jew and the Carrot Intern will work flexible hours though should be available during normal business hours, organized and reliable. The Intern should be willing to commit approximately 10 hours a week and have computer and internet access. The intern will be welcome in the Hazon offices in New York.
Extra consideration will be given to applicants who are familiar with social networking/Twitter and/or web design.
To apply please email email@example.com with a cover letter and a resume.