Okay, so the job market is pretty lousy right now, but I got this job posting via email and though I’d pass it along.
Sales and Operations Manager
KOL Foods, LLC puts kosher meat and ethics on the same plate so consumers can feel good about the meat they eat. KOL Foods sources and sells grass-fed, non-industrial, healthy lamb and beef and pastured poultry directly to individuals. Since its foundation in 2007, the interest in KOL Foods’ products has grown rapidly, and, consequently, they are now available in the East Coast and the Midwest primarily through our website. As demand is increasing KOL Foods is seeking to expand in the Eastern United States and, in the near future, nationwide.
KOL Foods is unique as it operates differently from industrial kosher meat businesses. As a values-based business, our mission is to produce food that is in harmony with nature, neighbors and tradition – all the way from farm to fork. For further information on KOL Foods, please go to: www.kolfoods.com .
KOL Foods is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Sales and Operations Manager who will be responsible for leading sales, customer service and fulfillment as well as supply chain management. This exciting opportunity requires a generalist with experience in hands-on business development in the food industry. The Sales and Operations Manager will report to the CEO/Founder.
- Deliver sales of our premium products by confidently, enthusiastically and passionately educating current and prospective clients about the exceptional value of our beef, lamb and poultry products.
- Manage the day-to-day operations including movement of goods into and out of production facilities as well as shipping operations.
- Drive sales through exceptional customer service from initial contact through repeat orders.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, B2B direct sales, direct mail, email, networking, and participation in educational events.
- In partnership with the CEO/Founder, play a key role in the development of KOL Foods’ long-term growth strategy, including strengthening our infrastructure and product excellence.
- Monitor production facilities and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and consistently provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Partner with the CEO/Founder and Bookkeeper to develop and implement a system to conduct data-based, continual analysis, evaluation and reporting of strategic information (revenue, product mix, margins, inventory, freight cost, cost of production facilities, and supply).
- Partner with the CEO/Founder to develop product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns.
- Lead the implementation of the marketing strategy and sales promotions based on knowledge of KOL Foods’ competitive advantage, market and product characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Partner with the CEO/Founder to manage pricing models, balancing exceptional quality, costs, and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise interns when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- -5 years of sales and operations experience.
- Food industry experience preferred. Experience with kosher food products a plus.
- A strong track record of successful new business development.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Customer focused, responsive, timely and accurate in follow-through.
- Excellent in project management.
- Analytical, fast learning with excellent judgment.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Well organized, flexible, hands-on and results-oriented.
- Knowledgeable of the sustainable food movement.
- •High integrity.
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of kashrut.
- Outstanding proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Residing in the Washington/Baltimore area is preferred. NYC residents will be considered.
- Willingness to travel – estimated 10-20%.
There are many great benefits to a career at KOL Foods. As a start-up company with proven growth, a strong brand and high potential, KOL Foods offers a competitive salary and benefits, including an annual bonus. Join the team of our excellent, values based, growth company. Feel good about your work and become part of our success.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: email@example.com. KOL Foods requires background checks, computer literacy tests, and writing samples for this position.
KOL Foods is an equal opportunity employer.